North East Express derails at Buxar train accident in Bihar has had significant repercussions on the region’s rail services. In the wake of this unfortunate incident, several trains have been canceled or diverted to manage the situation effectively.
In this Article
North East Express derails at Buxar The Tragedy
On Wednesday, a tragic accident occurred as more than 12 coaches of the 12506 Delhi-Kamakhya North East Express derailed near the Raghunathpur station in Bihar’s Buxar district. This heartbreaking incident claimed the lives of at least six individuals and left nearly 100 others injured.
Bhojpur SP Pramod Kumar confirmed the six casualties, and railway sources reported that around 100 people sustained injuries in this catastrophic event. Hospitals in Ara, Buxar, and Patna, including PMCH, AIIMS, and IGIMS in the state capital, have been put on alert and instructed to prepare beds for the injured.
The derailment occurred close to the Raghunathpur station of the Danapur division near Buxar at approximately 9.35 pm. Notably, it was reported that there were no fatalities, according to an official statement from Indian Railways.
Impact on Train Services
As a result of this tragic derailment, several train services have been significantly affected. Trains have either been canceled or diverted onto alternate routes to ensure the safety of passengers and manage the aftermath of the accident.
The East Central Railway zone officially canceled several trains, which include:
- Patna-Puri Special (03230)
- Sasaram-Ara Special (03620)
- Bhabua Road Express Special (03617)
- Patna–DDU Memu Pass Spl (03203)
- Patna-Buxar Memu Pass Special (03375)
Partially Canceled Trains
In addition to the canceled trains, two trains have been partially canceled. These include:
- Patna-DDU Express (13209), which will run only up to Ara
- DDU-Patna Express (13210), which will also operate up to Ara
Several trains have been diverted onto alternate routes to avoid the affected region. These diverted trains include:
- Pune-Danapur SF Express (12149)
- Patliputra SF Express (12141)
- Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express (12424)
- Vikramshila Express (12368)
- Kamakhya Express (15623)
- Guwahati Express (15633)
- Rajendra Nagar Terminal Tejas Rajdhani Express (12310)
- Bhagalpur Garib Rath Express (22406)
- Anvt Rdp Express (22488), among others
Swift Response and Rescue Efforts For North East Express
Union Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw has assured the public that swift and efficient rescue operations are underway at the Buxar derailment site. A collaborative effort by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), district administration, railway officials, and local residents is in progress.
In a social media update, the minister stated, “Rescue operation going on at war footing at Buxar derailment site. Working together as a team are the NDRF, SDRF, District administration, Railway authorities, and locals. Injured shifted to the hospital. War room operating.”
The authorities are committed to managing the situation effectively and ensuring the safety and well-being of those affected by this tragic incident.
The North East Express accident in Bihar has had a profound impact on rail services in the region. Several trains have been canceled, while others have been diverted to alternative routes. The authorities are actively engaged in rescue and relief efforts to address the situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which hospitals have been alerted to prepare for the injured?
- How are the rescue operations being conducted at the derailment site?
- What measures are being taken to prevent such accidents in the future?